Wednesday, July 27, 2022

Yokai Watch 4 Translation Research

Hello! 

I was doing some research on Yokai Watch 4 files to understand how I could modify the files and do some modding for the game, I was objectively interested in the Text files, since it would be nice to know if I wanted to translate the game.

If you modify any file and don't alter its size, your mod will work, otherwise, you'll need to alter one more file called cpk_list.cfg.bin. This file contains the localization of all others with their size, so you must alter it in order to succeed.

With that in mind I've created a tool, with it is possible alter the cpk_list.cfg.bin and the files that contain text.

It will be really useful in case of I try a translation for the game.

I  noticed that the actual existing translation project for the game have some issues related to the text files, in my view some appear to be invalid, maybe for that reason the project died? Well, I don't know.

No comments:

Post a Comment